We knew our solution was going to need to be creative. We can’t expect users to just buy custom floral arrangements at their high costs and it not be extremely expensive. We had restrictions:
- It has to be cost effective
- Our advertising budgets were shoestring
- It had to be a unique offering that would cause users to convert
The strategy we set forward had multiple layers that needed to be executed on and it had to be done quickly and effectly.
Here were the ingredients to our successful strategy:
- We needed a target, for Pick a Bloom, it was pretty easy to determine.
- We needed a value-add, or hook, to get their users to convert into a lead
- Enter the Calculator – we developed a custom calculator that told the bride low/med/high costs of flowers
- We needed automation to link the calculator to an email marketing software.
- We picked Zapier for the webhook
- Zapier for the email box
- Active Campaign for marketing automation
- We developed Active Campaign to have a list that every calculator lead would drip into
- We needed to make a laundry list of emails in sequence to guide their leads down the buyer’s journey
- We needed to form custom audiences for advertising based off the leads coming in.
To put it all together, we determined our target and delivered advertising to them allowing them to answer a key question in their journey to get married. The tool took off as a standard for the budget determination as it’s data was unbiased in its answering. Every lead who was added to a custom audience as we knew they were interested in the services of our client and also added to an email drip campaign.
Based on our known time to convert for users that ultimately purchased from Pick a Bloom, we were able to develop an email campaign that dripped several emails to the user while new ads went out that supported sales, product awareness and brand recognition.
We had developed a unique way to generate leads and keep the costs down, the results were impressive.